Powdered Ginger has been used for centuries as a digestive aid and to combat nausea. It breaks down fats and proteins in food to allow easier absorption without creating gas. As a treatment for motion sickness, ginger wards off the nauseous feeling some people experience when traveling by car, airplane or boat. It also has anti-inflammatory properties that might ease arthritis symptoms and lessen the discomfort from a cold or flu.
- Dried ginger powder is used in spices and masalas for gravies, curries, marinades, stews etc.
- Mix cinnamon, fennel, cardamom and cloves to make masala tea with dry ginger powder
- Marinades for Tandoori starters, vegetarian and non-vegetarian.
- Used to flavour ginger breads.
- Dried ginger powder is also used for food preparations for expecting women and feeding mothers.
- Dried ginger powder is used for adding flavor to a variety of baked dishes like ginger cookies and ginger candies.