L-VCG is a well-known, safe and effective ascorbic acid derivative. It can release active Vitamin C in skin decomposed by glycosidase, which has powerful antioxidant properties and inhibits the synthesis of melanin. L-VCG also has very good anti-aging effect in skin. It is a popular skin lightening active ingredient worldwide.
It I recommended to use in skin whitening, anti-aging, anti-photoaging emulsion / essence, sun care and after sun products.
Recommended dosage > 2%.
Safety & Regulation
Clinical tests show that L-VCG has no hazard and side effects to human health or environment.
- B16 melanoma cells were cultured until confluent (48hr). Theophy line (0.5m) was added to the culture during the last 24hr of culture;
- The cells were treated with L-VCG (2 mM) for 1-2 days;
- The cells were lysed with TCA and intracellular melanin content was measured.
Increase collagen synthesis, anti-wrinkle
- Human skin fibroblasts were incubated in the absence or presence of each collagen stimulator (0.25 mM) for 1-8 days.
- The relative rate of collagen synthesis to total protein synthesis was determined on 1st, 3rd, 5th and 8th
Remove free radicals. Help to repair sun damaged skin
- Creams containing 2% L-VCG or placebo were applied a two places on the inside of the right arm of 15 healthy adults.
- The creams were applied three times a day for 6 consecutive days.
- During this treatment, the arms were irradiated with UVA and UVB once per day for a total of 3 days.
|Assay: ≥98.0% HPLC||Appearance: White or slight yellowish crystalline powder|
|Appearance of solution: 2% solution is clear||Color of 5% solution: not more than 0.010 at 400nm|
|Specific Optical Rotation: 186.0-188.0o||Melting range:158-163oC|
|Residue on Ignition: ≤0.2%||Loss on Drying: ≤1.0%|
|Arsenic (As2O3): ≤1ppm||Heavy Metals: ≤10ppm|
|Free ascorbic acid: ≤0.1%||Free Glucose: ≤0.1%|