Resveratrol (3,5,4′-trihydroxy-trans-stilbene) is a stilbenoid, a type of natural phenol, and a phytoalexin produced by several plants in response to injury or when the plant is under attack by pathogens, such as bacteria or fungi. Sources of resveratrol in food include the skin of grapes, blueberries, raspberries, mulberries, and peanuts.
Resveratrol is a phytoalexin, which means it is a protective antibiotic produced in plants under stress, whether due to fungal attack, drought, ultraviolet irradiation, or inflammation. This molecule helps the plants to fight back and maintain health.
Benefits of Resveratrol Supplements:
- Resveratrol Supplements May Help Lower Blood Pressure;
- It Has a Positive Effect on Blood Fats;
- It Lengthens Lifespan in Certain Animals;
- It Protects the Brain;
- It May Increase Insulin Sensitivity;
- It May Ease Joint Pain;
- Resveratrol May Suppress Cancer Cells.